Yeousch

YouTube only plays two seconds of video. Flash problem?

Home Forums YouTube YouTube only plays two seconds of video. Flash problem?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  JosephGalvan 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JosephGalvan
    Participant

Hi,

The problem. A couple of days ago YouTube started misbehaving when accessed on my MBP (SR running the latest 10.5). It loads the whole video, but only plays two seconds. Jump to another location in the video, and it plays another two seconds. No sound. Other, I presume Flash based, video such as the embedded video on the site plays in full, but there is no sound.A Google search for ‘you tube’ ‘two seconds’reveals that I am not alone. It doesn’t seem to be an OS X, or Safari, only issue either. There are quite a few voodoo fixes out there, but I haven’t found one that works. Personally, I’ve uninstalled Flash, re-installed it, installed the beta of version 10, deleted Flash preferences, caches, etc., and restored my entire Library folder from Time Machine from a date when I know that YouTube worked. Nothing has worked.YouTube does work without any issue on another account on the same machine. This led me to try deleting/restoring preferences, but as I said it was to no avail. I suspect I am going to have to create a new account, and migrate my stuff there. What is the best way to do this? I know how to create accounts – I am more concerned about pitfalls that I should be aware of. I would prefer the account name to be the same. I also have iPhoto set up so that the library is shared between multiple users on the machine. This uses ACLs. Ideally I would like this to continue working with the new account without setting it up again.
    Of course, if anyone has a magic fix for the YouTube/Flash problem that actually works, then I’ll give that a try too.

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
    https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=114651
    Creative advertising service

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar